Friday, September 25, 2009

YouTube and Podcasts




You have to marvel at the way YouTube has opened up the whole world of video. The speed with which videos are uploaded is staggering. It is a great resource and very user-friendly. Ever before "23 Things @ UL" I was using YouTube. In fact, it was probably one of the first web applications I tackled.

I reason I chose to upload the Munster haka was because the night in 2008 that is one of the most memorable in Irish sport. As if the opening of Thomond Park and playing against such formidable opponents as New Zealand were not enough, the four lads stepped forward and performed the haka! What is more, the entire squad did themselves proud on the night. Pure magic.

I also explored podcasts, in particular, Podcasting Ireland. In the process, I realised I needed to instal Quicktime, which I did, to allow me to follow some podcasts. I also checked out Stephen Kinsella's podcast. I must be honest, it is no substitute for a classroom though its effectiveness may be greater if it was visual as well as audio.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phyl,

    Don't feel too pressurised to complete the 23 Things on time. The most important thing is to enjoy the learning experience. I set the deadline for completion by Oct 19th since I realised people were a week or two behind. So ideally they should have sufficient time to finish up two weeks after the last task was sent. If you can finish it by then great but if not i may extend it by a further week, but I can't make any definite promises.

    ReplyDelete