Friday, September 4, 2009

EBooks, Readers and eAudiobooks

Being a fan of the "actual" book, I approched this exercise with a degree of scepticism. However, the facility in ebooks to fit the text to the width of the page is really useful. The feature on the readers which allows you to increase the size of the font is even better, especially if you need glasses! In particular the readers are quite appealing. Being able to download a number of books to a reader saves a lot of weight. This is really important nowadays when airlines are so weight conscious. I don't think I'd download and read an ebook on my PC but I would be open to doing so if I had an ebook reader.

I think the eAudiobooks are great and must be a real Godsend to anybody with sight problems. Equally, they could be of value to old people and even could be used to encourage young people to develop a love of books.

I downloaded Pride & Prejudice from UL Library ebooks and, when skimming through it, noticed that particular pages were blank and had the message "not available for download". I wonder if anybody else experienced that.

No comments:

Post a Comment